Head of Credit Risk
Who we are:
BETR Lend are a tech-company providing online loans and credit cards to people with a thin credit file. There are over six million of these invisible customers in the UK alone.
People with a thin credit file are either excluded from credit entirely or are treated as sub-prime and charged payday interest rates. We think that is deeply unfair.
We are set to disrupt this multi-billion market by offering fairly priced credit through the innovative use of new data sources. We’re based in London with global ambitions.
We’ve recently completed our first round of funding by two top venture capital funds (the same VCs who have backed the likes of Transferwise and Revolut) and some of the most reputable angel investors in the UK.
Join us and help put an end to predatory financial products and be part of an exciting and rewarding journey.
What you'll be doing:
As the Head of Credit Risk you will help define product requirements, develop risk models, help determine affordability, and identify issues that arise in real time during the underwriting process . You will ultimately be responsible for the performance of the loan book and will be involved in underwriting decisions. You will work as part of a small team and have direct access to the CEO and CTO.
- You are a Credit Risk Analyst, Lead, Manager, Head of Risk or CRO at a consumer online lending company
- You can build comprehensive risk models
- You are able to drive insight from data, asses commercial impact and take action
- Your comfortable speaking with debt providers, negotiating terms
- You are comfortable rolling your sleeves up and helping with the early stages of a startup
- You are able to proactively identify opportunities to contribute to the business
- You have a growth mindset: You’re prepared to learn new things every day and have a passion to inspire and grow
- Equity in the business - you will own a part of the company that you are helping to build (alongside top founders and VC funds)
- Competitive salary (for an early stage startup)
- You’ll get to join one of the hottest new startups of 2018
- Working with bright ambitious people who take pride in what they do
- Opportunity to shape the strategy and direction in a company with an important mission